** NOW AVAILABLE — IN-STOCK AND SHIPPING **
- Designed to work specifically with the stock M20 intake manifolds. Our custom, patent-pending SSSPACER evens airflow to each cylinder and increases overall available air during intake phase to all cylinders from the effects of the specially designed flow modifiers.
- Increases effective plenum size by approximately 0.1 litre.
- Decreases heat-soak of the throttle body.
- Works with all M20 variations (M20B20, M20B23, M20B25, and M20B27). Works with everything from the stock throttle body to big bore throttle bodies and ported intake manifolds up to 66 mm (larger inlet sizes available by request).
- No tune necessary (though it is recommended) — can be used with the stock tune.
- Can be used on any engine from completely stock to completely upgraded.
- Support multiple local businesses: Made in Colorado, USA from start to finish! All excess material is collected and recycled.
- Full submersion anodized in signature Königsblau for a long-lasting finish.
- Includes 2 OE-style paper gaskets.
Below you can see a comparison of airflow into each cylinder during intake phases for an M20B25 engine using the stock setup (VANILLA), versus with the SSSPACER installed. The test used identical cylinder conditions with the only change being the installation of the SSSPACER.
Through its unique airflow modifiers, the SSSPACER evens flow between each cylinder, allowing for more aggressive tuning and improved fuel efficiency. It also increases total airflow by improving overall flow to work with valve movement.
- 1x SSSPACER (for M20)
- 4x extended studs
- 2x paper gaskets
- 1x pouch of Permatex Blue Threadlocker
- Will this work on carbureted or Jetronic-equipped M20 engines?
- No! This will only work on M20 engines equipped with Motronic ECUs (1985 and newer) with the stock intake manifold.
- Do I need to modify my throttle body, vent lines, ICV, throttle cable, or anything else?
- The ONLY modification you may need to make is to the power steering reservoir bracket. On some models (most notably the iX) the bracket needs to be bent slightly to create enough room for the stock intake boot.
- Do I need a special tune?
- No. This works with the stock tune, or any tune already designed for your vehicle. It is recommended to reset your ECU during installation and allow it to relearn fueling corrections (when used with EGO sensor feedback).
- HOWEVER, this modification does allow for more aggressive tuning and more efficient fueling. So it is recommended to be tuned for this item if at all possible.
Installation Instructions – English (PDF)
Installation Instructions – Español (PDF)
Installation Instructions – 日本語 (PDF)