Now available! The best and most powerful exhaust and head gasket sealer you’ll ever need. A high-metal ceramic formula without the harsh solvents used in other brands’ gasket sealer products. OCTO-SEAL creates ceramic layers on, in, and around any surface or gasket it’s used on. You can also pour it into a mold to create your own gaskets on the fly! Liquid until dry, then flexible until “fired” where it becomes hard ceramic. Other popular brands have less than 3% total metal content, copper only. OCTO-SEAL has not only copper, but aluminum, zinc, titanium, and more! Our special formula starts developing a crystalline lattice as low as 150′ c! The higher the temperature, the stronger it grows*!
Comes in a quick applicator bottle. Just invert and squeeze!
Just 2 ounces (oz.) of OCTO-SEAL can treat up to 50 gaskets!
What’s included in the package:
- 2 oz. OCTO-SEAL in applicator bottle
- 8x applicator stick
Please allow yourself 12-24 hours for application. This is because OCTO-SEAL is a water-based solution with latex binder, whereas other brands use harsh solvents that can destroy a gasket’s compression layers and even lead to corrosion of the metal components it comes into contact with! We do not use those harsh solvents, which means increased safety and strength, but also increased drying time.
Can be applied directly to the surface or to the gasket.
For head gaskets:
There are two methods. For most builds, the first method is applicable. For engines that expect high cylinder pressure, or that have head gasket issues due to poor surface preparation, please follow the second method.
- Apply a thin 1 mm layer to the block where the gasket sits, allowing about 5 mm of spacing around the edges, cylinders, and oil/coolant journals.
- Place the gasket
- Apply a thin 1 mm layer to the gasket around the cylinders, allowing about 5 mm of spacing around the edges, cylinders, and oil/coolant journals.
- When the head compresses, OCTO-SEAL should fill out all sensitive areas.
- Allow to dry for 24 hours before starting your vehicle. Allow vehicle to idle for 3-5 minutes, and drive calmly for the next 100 miles.
- On one side of your gasket apply a thin 1-2 mm layer on the gasket, allowing about 5 mm of spacing around the edges, cylinders, and oil/coolant journals.. Allow to dry for 12-24 hours.
- Flip over, apply in the same way. Allow to dry for 12-24 hours.
- Install gasket. Start vehicle any time.
- Allow vehicle to idle for 5 minutes, and drive calmly for your next 100 miles. Do not reach high load high RPM situations during this baking process. Consider this a new engine break-in period!
For exhaust gaskets:
There are two methods. For most gaskets, the first method is applicable. For gaskets with bad leaks or flanges with poor coupling, the second method is recommended.
- Apply a thin 1-2 mm layer to the gasket around the exhaust cut-out on both sides. If placing before a turbocharger or catalytic converter, please allow a 5-10 mm gap to the inner cutouts for safety.
- Place the gasket. If a tight fit or placing in an awkward position, allow OCTO-SEAL to dry until only tacky and not a runny liquid.
- Tighten the flanges together.
- Allow to dry for 24 hours before starting your vehicle. Allow vehicle to idle for 5-10 minutes, and drive calmly for the next 60 minutes.
- Apply a thin 2 mm layer to the entirety of the gasket.
- Allow to dry to the touch — 24 to 48 hours.
- Place the gasket.
- Tighten the flanges together.
- Start vehicle. Allow to idle for 5-10 minutes, and drive calmly for the next 60 minutes.
Full Submersion (exhaust only):
- Place the gasket in a small disposable dish (such as a paper plate; do not use polystyrene/”styrofoam”!).
- Pour OCTO-SEAL over the entirety of the gasket. Move it around a little to allow it to coat the entirety of the gasket.
- Remove from liquid, allow to set for 24-48 hours, until fully dry.
- Start vehicle. Allow to idle for 10-15 minutes, and drive calmly for the next 60 minutes.
Pour-a-Gasket (it is not recommended to make a head gasket solely from OCTO-SEAL)
- Create a silicone, metal, or similar mold of the gasket you wish to make. There are many methods of doing this, please use your favorite.
- Pour OCTO-SEAL into your mold.
- Allow to dry for 24-48 hours. When fully cured, it will be removable in one semi-flexible piece.
- Start vehicle. Allow to idle for 5-10 minutes, and drive calmly for the next 120 minutes.
* Up to 1500′ Celsius